Citizens can drop off the following household items for recycling every second Saturday of the month:
- Plastics #1 (soda/water bottles) and #2 (milk/juice/shampoo/detergent containers)
- Newspapers, junk mail, phone books, catalogs, office paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Boxboard (cereal boxes/soft drink boxes)
- Small aluminum and steel cans
- E-Waste (computers, laptops, telephones/telephone systems, keyboards, speakers, telephone/computer cables, x-boxes, PlayStation, Wii, MP3/DVD/CD players, UPS, Circuit boards, Portable Navigation/GPS devices, ink jet/toner cartridges, digital cameras/video recorders (DVRs), fax machines, small printers, monitors, processors, networking equipment, stereos, security systems)
- Batteries (AA, AAA, AAAA, C. D, 6 & 9 volt, Lithium); Light bulbs (Incandescent and fluorescent)
- Televisions (Limit 4)
- Glass (Limit 50lbs.)
- Tires (Limit: 5)
- Mardi Gras Beads
*Please note: No composting materials accepted at this time.
Visit nola.gov/sanitation/recycling/. To register for Free Curbside Recycling, call 311. Free Curbside Recycling is available only to Orleans Parish residents.